1. Thank you for visiting the website of the Agency for Care Effectiveness (“ACE”), Ministry of Health, Republic of Singapore (henceforth known as "Web Site"). ACE is part of the Ministry of Health, and is the national health technology assessment agency in Singapore. It conducts evaluations to inform the subsidy of treatments, and produces guidance on the appropriate use of treatments for public hospitals and institutions in Singapore.
Relying On Information
4. The Ministry of Health provides this Web Site as a general information source only and is not involved in giving professional advice here. The Web Site may not cover all information available on a particular issue. Before relying on this Web Site, you should do your own checks or obtain professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
5. Where appropriate, the Ministry of Health uses available technology to protect the security of communications made through this Web Site. However, the Ministry of Health does not accept liability for the security, authenticity, integrity or confidentiality of any transactions and other communications made through the Web Site. Internet communications may be susceptible to interference or interception by third parties. Despite best efforts, the Ministry of Health makes no warranties that the Web Site is free of infection by computer viruses or other unauthorised software. You should take appropriate steps to keep your information, software and equipment secure. This includes clearing your Internet browser cookies and cache before and after using any services on the Web Site.
6. The materials located on this Web Site including the information and software programs (the “Contents”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All rights, title and interest in the Contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by the Ministry of Health.
Restrictions on use of Contents
8. Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Web Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of the Ministry of Health.
9. Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of the Ministry of Health's copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Web Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without prior written permission of the Ministry of Health. Where the Ministry of Health grants you written permission to use, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or otherwise distribute the Contents of this Web Site, please credit the Ministry of Health in citation.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
10. The Contents of this Web Site are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Ministry of Health does not warrant and hereby disclaims any warranty:
i. as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Web Site;
ii. that the Contents available through this Web Site or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Web Site and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other harmful elements.
11. The Ministry of Health will not be liable for any loss or damage (i) that you may incur on account of using, visiting or relying on any statements, opinions, representations or information in the Web Site, (ii) resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, Internet access difficulties or malfunctions in equipment or software, or (iii) arising from or related to the conduct or the views of any person who accesses or uses the Web Site.
Access to the Web Site
12. The accessibility and operation of the Web Site relies on technologies outside our control. The Ministry of Health does not guarantee continuous accessibility or uninterrupted operation of the Web Site.
13. The Ministry of Health reserves all rights to deny or restrict access to this Web Site to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Web Site, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Links from this Web Site to other web
14. This Web Site contains hyperlinks to web
sites which are not maintained by the Ministry of Health. The Ministry of Health is not responsible for the contents of those web sites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those web sites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such web sites are entirely at your own risk.
15. Hyperlinks to other web
sites are provided as a convenience. In no circumstances shall the Ministry of Health be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites to which this Web Site is linked.
Links to this Web Site from other web
16. Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Web Site or any of the Contents are prohibited.
17. You must secure permission from the Ministry of Health prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Web Site or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities. The Ministry of Health reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Web Site or any of the Contents.
19. In no circumstances shall the Ministry of Health be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web
sites that link to this Web Site or any of the Contents.
20. The Ministry of Health reserves all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
21. The Ministry of Health reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Web Site or any of the Contents.
22. The Ministry of Health reserves the right to change the URL of this Web Site.
[JL(1]Link to ACE Website’s privacy statement